"Blade Magazine's Kitchen Knife of the Year - 2005"
Kershaw Shun Classic 7 inch Granton Edge Santoku knife combines the benefits of a cleaver and a chefs knife and is indispensable for large amounts of chopping. The Granton Edge Santoku knife is one of the most popular knives in America today!
The Kershaw Shun Classic 7 inch Granton Edge Santoku has hollowed out ovals on the sides of the edge that reduces friction and trap juices which helps to make super thin slices and keep foods from sticking when you are cutting and mincing.
Kershaw Shun Classic 7 inch Granton Edge Santoku knife is crafted by Seki, Japan's premier blade producer for 90 years. This knife has a blade of forged VG10 super steel which is clad with 16 microthin layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel on each side. The result is a 33-layered beveled beauty of Damascus-steel knife without the tendency to rust and holds a supersharp blade that minimizes friction damage to foods when cutting. Features a distinctive D-shape PakkaWood black handle with stainless steel bolsters, ergonomically shaped for optimal balance and stability that provides moisture resistance, strength and control.
Ideas Etcetera recommends washing the Kershaw Shun Classic knives by hand.
- VG-10 Stainless steel is clad with 16 layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel on each side, producing a 33-layer rust-free Damascus look.
- VG-10 "Super Steel" is composed of Carbon, Chromium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Silicon and Vanadium.
- VG-10's Rockwell hardness rating of 61 ensures that it takes and holds its incredibly sharp edge longer.
- Two-sided knife.
- Ebony-black PakkaWood handles with the unique "D" Shape for stable, easy grip.
- Hand washing and drying recommended.
- Stainless steel bolsters and end caps.
- Blade: 7 in. (17.8 cm)