MinoSharp Plus Black / Red (440/BR)
MinoSharp Plus Black / Red Handheld Sharpener has the special angle to sharpen Global knives. The two ceramic wheels - one rough and one medium - are positioned at a different angle from the sharpening groove. Add water so the ceramic wheels are
constantly being rinsed.
It cannot be used on one sided knives like the Sashimi
and Deba knives and serrated knives like bread knives.
Please read the Instructions below or on the printed box.
Replacement wheels available.
Ceramic Water Sharpener is a Universal Sharpener that is Very Fast and Safe to use.
Plus is a Universal sharpener suitable for all knives, except those knives that are serrated or knives sharpened on one side only. This sharpener should be always used with water.
- Pour water into the compartment on the sharpener and keep it there during sharpening
operation. The water in the wheel compartment serves always to rinse the revolving ceramic whetstones and to
prevent over-heating the knife blade. The sharpener should be rinsed with clean water by removing the cover
- To keep the sharpener steady, firmly grip the handle with one hand.
- Hold the knife with your forefinger on the back of the knife, and place the knife blade vertically into groove No. 1 with the white wheel, and move the blade back and forth with slight pressure seven or eight times, or as necessary.
NO HEAVY PRESSURE IS NECESSARY.
- Next, place the knife blade vertically into groove No. 2 with the pink wheel and move the blade back and forth with slight pressure seven or eight times. It is very important not to apply too
much pressure when passing the knife through the sharpener. Doing so may damage the wheels.
- When sharpening is completed, please hand wash knife in hot water and carefully dry with a dry towel or other cloth before use.
- MinoSharp sharpeners have been tested and approved by CATRA, the foremost authority on knife sharpening techniques, based in Sheffield England.
- The number of strokes required will depend on the type and condition of the knife, but we would recommend:
a)* For GLOBAL knives 7 or 8 strokes on the wheels.
b)* For other brands first try 15 strokes on the wheels. If still not sharp enough, please repeat with another 15
FREE Shipping on Orders over $80.00* within the 48 contiguous United States
Envio GRATIS en ordenes sobre los $80.00*
disponible solo dentro de Estados Unidos continental